Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A review

I dare to admit that I am quite a fan of Spiderman. It was my favourite cartoon, I had spiderman comic and an album full of Spiderman collectible cards. Parker's cynicism and nonchalant attitude impress me even when I was young.

Then came the movie...1st was ok. 2nd was bad. NOW...Zzzzzzz.
Parker's cynicism was clearly missing in the 1st movie. Then he suddenly he took off his mask and annouce "HELLO NY! Spiderman is Parker and M.J. forgive my MIA cause u love me kissing u upside down" damn... it ain't suppose to be lidat. Oh ya...just in case, MJ is not Parker top choice. Gwen Stacy was Parker true 1st love who died when green goblin kidnapped her and killed her. Then came Felicia, Parker's crush and after that finally it's Mary Jane Watson. Oh yes green goblin next, Harry Osborne is not some cool looking dude as like in the movie. He's a failure, a druggie.

The character's origin totally screwed up big time and so was the plot. Half way through, I couldnt stand Maguire's acting. How did Raimi come up with the idea that the symbiote cause Parker to become horny and show off his Saturday Night Fever moves. About the symbiote, it doesnt just fall from the sky. The truth was that it came to Earth with J. Jonah Jameson's son, yes the astro that MJ almost got married to on Spiderman 2.

Damn the movie, damn Hollywood. When did Spiderman become some emo guy always crying for Aunt May and MJ. 1/5 for the movie. The only thing cool was the symbiote and venom. Please note, it just the symbiote and venom (the guy acting as Eddie Brock sucks). ARGH~

No comments: