Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"I only cost a __, yet I'm still available on the shelf"

A familiar title? fill in the blank with a 'heart' shape from your MSN and it will complete the sentence perfectly.

Here I will decipher the true meaning of this sentence and enlighten everyone out there of the risks, dangers and lookouts.

Idealism exists in book, movies and drama series and very seldom do they appear in reality. I hate to be cynical but sometimes this sense of cynicism just creep up to me. This sentence appears to be rather immature and over-positive on the notion of love.

First, I really and sincerely show my appreciation and respect to one who put up the quote above. You indeed demonstrate the courage, guts and bravery that I throughly and thoroughly lack in life. You attempted the thing that I of all failed to attempt.
In my years of life, I tried activities like diving, wakeboarding, even detonating explosives and mines but I feel safe and survive every single outing. My poor mom will be at home worrying about my safety while I was out there quite enjoying the adrenaline (yes even in live range, detonating explosives). But dear mom, you should be glad that I haven attempted in getting a gf. The only activity without a safety handbook, without obvious guidance, without a tertiary degree in. However, studies have shown the statistic and harm when attempt fail (We still know what you did last summer!). So gutless, timid, 'hum' me has tried to avoid this high-risk activity, too afraid to know where it will land me in. I guess chocolate will be a better option currently to taste this unknown chemical reaction.

For the one out there, wake up your idea that whoever only cost a 'heart'. It comes with a greater price unheard and uncried for. I rather sprain my pathetic ankle then go through heartaches, tears and torturous memories at night when attempt failed terribly. At least paying $22 can ease the pain and do miracle after seeing chinese physician and not drowning in alcohol, pukes and shit. Putting up this sentence does make you look like a hero but a hero that lack maturity will end up being a tired, dirty and small in front of the evil of love.

So please attempt this stunt when you are all prepared and thoughts flow like a eons-old spring.
cynical? a 'lil I guess but not quite. but the truth: a stunt that I am indeed too afraid to pull off. laugh your head off when one day I bang my head against the wall to attempt this stunt. Until then I shall remind a contented timid hermit enjoying my cosy hideout.

1 comment:

steph said...

sigh..

it's quite true.. u're not being cynical..